Arabel: Night Descends
Arabel: Night Descends is set in the north of Cormyr, after the spellplague, in a Cormyr weakened by the death of King Azoun IV, barely held together by the regent, Alusair Obarskyar. She holds the kingdom on behalf of the child-king Foril I. Cormyr is beset by many troubles:
- The Orcs and Goblins of the Hullack and Thunder Forests have grown in power and boldness.
- The Gnoll pass is impassable to traffic.
- The Helmlands have grown even more unstable, and only the most powerful divine casters and War Wizards able to venture into them.
- Sembia schemes to carve into Cormyr’s territory.
- The Zhentarim hatch new plots to extend their power.